Cancer is a nasty disease that kills thousands of people every year. But fortunately, despite its mysterious nature, there are precautions you can take to prevent this disease.
Here is an article in which you will discover some causes and means of effective prevention against cancer.
Causes of cancer
The exact cause of cancer is still unknown, but different factors are involved in this process. Indeed, these are genetic and environmental factors.
Genetic factors are very rare in people with cancer. They are linked to hereditary genes.
On the other hand, most cancers are caused by environmental factors including: smoking, chemicals, exposure to ionizing radiation, a virus, sun radiation, alcohol consumption, unhealthy diet and physical inactivity. .
You can prevent some cancers by changing or maintaining some of your daily habits. Here are some behaviors to adapt to prevent cancer:
- Do not smoke, do not consume tobacco, whatever its form: tobacco is responsible for 30% of cancer deaths. Indeed, the smoke released is deposited in a large part of the organs, the bladder, lungs, throat and tongue are particularly affected. So you need to stop smoking, do not smoke anything including cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
- Have a healthy weight: in other words, avoid being overweight or obese.
- Get enough exercise: exercise to avoid a sedentary lifestyle, which is one of the main causes of cancer.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet: eat more fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Limit the consumption of fast food, red meat, and other processed foods. You should also avoid sugary drinks and breastfeed your baby if possible.
- Limit your consumption of alcohol in all its forms
- Avoid exposing yourself too much to the sun
- Protect yourself from carcinogens
- For mothers, breastfeeding your babies lowers your risk of certain cancers
- Get your children vaccinated against hepatitis B at birth and against the human papillomavirus for young girls
- Get regular cancer screening tests
Prevention is better than cure. Having said that, it is best that you adopt all of the behaviors mentioned above in order to keep cancer out of your life.